Saturday, December 29, 2012

That squirrel stole my spoon!



So that is my spoon... But that is not my squirrel. We have a reasonably friendly squirrel that frequents the birdfeeder squirrelfeeder suction-cupped to our front window. The cats love to paw at the window, and the squirrel could seriously care less. 

Now that he/she (I think there might be two, but it's hard to tell them apart, and I am not an expert on sexing squirrels) is pretty used to me, I thought I could maybe try to hand feed the little fella. I got a spoon, covered it with peanut butter and squirrel food, and opened up the window. Aaaand I dropped it. Scared the squirrel away. 

Not wanting to waste perfectly good peanut butter and corn, I dropped it into the feeder so he could munch on it later. Well, he certainly did. And then he grabbed the spoon and took off. Didn't go too far, and we were able to retrieve the spoon. Pretty adorable little thief if you ask me.


No comments:

Post a Comment