Sunday, January 6, 2013

Meal Planning - 1/7/2013

Okay, so... I'll admit that my usual trip to the supermarket happens when we start to get desperate. Out of milk, out of cereal, or out of cat litter. We don't typically plan out the week ahead, either. Sure we'll grab some frozen pizzas and eat them eventually, but that's about a close as it gets.

So my goal is to try this whole "weekly meal planning" thing that I see on so many of the home blogs I read. I guess this means I'll be cooking a little more... But oh well! I think I can do it!

Monday:
Tuesday:
  • Spaghetti with crockpot meatsauce (planned leftovers for wednesday lunch!) I got the recipe here.
Wednesday:
  • Shake n Bake chicken, green beans
Thursday:
  • Sexy Porkchops, rice
Friday:
  • Freezer pizza

Fortunately, I already have some stuff that I need to make these... But I will need to pick up a few extra things tonight.

Shopping list:
  • 3 pounds ground beef
  • 1 shallot
  • Hamburger buns
  • 2 large onions
  • 28 oz diced tomatoes
  • 30 oz tomato sauce
  • 6 oz tomato paste
  • Spaghetti noodles
  • 1 pound chicken breast
  • Green beans
  • 2 bone-in porkchops
  • 1 garlic bulb
  • Rice
  • Freezer pizza
Once I get around to cooking these various meals, I'll post pictures and full recipes. I'm excited to get started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment